5 reasons to exercise
Updated: Aug 16
The benefits of exercise
The benefits of undertaking moderate exercise have been well documented over the years and one of our main goals at Total Health Chiropractic is to encourage as many of you as possible to find a form of exercise that works for you, to embrace it and make it part of your lives.
If you can, life will DEFINITELY BE BETTER!
There are many reasons why we should all get out there and move more but let’s just remind ourselves why exercise is so beneficial for us.
1. Exercise expands the vascular system which opens the capillaries in the muscle tissue and, by lowering the resistance to blood flow in the arterial system, prevents hypertension and causes the blood pressure to drop to normal.
2. Exercise builds up muscle mass and prevents the muscles being broken down as fuel.
3. Exercise stimulates the activity of fat-burning enzymes to produce sufficient energy for the increased muscle activity. When you train you are, in effect, changing the source of energy for muscle activity. You convert the energy source from sugar that is in circulation to fat that is stored in the muscle itself.
4. One hour of walking will cause this activation of fat-burning enzymes to remain active for 12 hours. A morning and afternoon walk will keep those enzymes active around the clock and will help clear cholesterol deposits in the arterial system.
5. Exercise will promote longevity.
Of course, there are more benefits to exercising and you can read more here.