What is Chiropractic?
Millions of people enjoy Chiropractic – the most natural, drug-free health care system in the world. It is based on the scientific fact that the nervous system controls the function of every cell, tissue, organ and system of your body, and emphasizes the inherent recuperative power of the body.
Chiropractic helps people function closer to their physical and emotional best, recover from sickness, disease and disability faster and minimize the use of drugs and surgery in their lives. The Chiropractic philosophy recognises that only the power that created the body can heal the body – provided there is no interference.
Only the power that made the body can heal the body!
- Chiropractic is a way of living, understanding that true health comes from within when the body can properly comprehend, interpret and respond to its environment; this is the job of the nervous system.
- Almost all chiropractic patients report less stress, more vitality, better posture and more enjoyment in life.
- Because helping the body heal itself involves many facets, Chiropractors also provide lifestyle advice to help prevent illness and injury. diet & nutrition, fitness, ergonomics, and other areas in your life contribute to, or diminish, your overall health. By making the right choices, one can live a life full of wellness and vitality.
- The patient’s improvement is the responsibility of both the doctor and the patient. You will be active in your own care – this is essential in optimizing the care you receive. You will be educated as to how the spine and the nervous system work – after all, how can you look after something if you don’t know the basics as to how it functions?
The Unknown Truth
- Within all of you is a very special inborn “intelligence.” It knows to beat your heart, digest your food, fight infections, heal a cut and help you adapt to the environment.
- Chiropractors refer to this vital life force as Innate Intelligence. It requires no conscious thought. Your nervous system, consisting of your brain, spinal cord, and all the nerves in your body help control your “life expression.” Any disruption, irritation, or change in the ability of your nervous system to orchestrate the functions of your body can set a course for disease and ill health.
- This illustration shows that the spine protects the spinal cord which is an integral part of the central nervous system. This transmits vital life force to every organ and tissue of the body.
- A common disruption of the nervous system is the Vertebral Subluxation. This is when the bones of the spinal column lose their normal motion or position, they can rub, choke, or irritate the spinal cord and nerve roots. Removing the interference to the function of your nervous system allows your body’s inborn healing ability to do its job.